Nepal - Kathmandu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kathmandu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
For many, stepping off a plane into Kathmandu is a pupil-dilating experience, a riot of sights, sounds and smells that can quickly lead to sensory overload. This endlessly fascinating, some-times infuriating city has enough sights to keep you busy for a week.
- wander labyrinthine backstreets, little-known temples and hidden courtyards such as the Kathesimbhu Stupa in Kathmandu’s Old Town
- marvel at the ornate courtyard of Kumari Bahal and at how much survived the 2015 earth-quake in Kathmandu’s regal Durbar Sq
- dine on momos (dumplings) and wild boar to the beat of madal (drums) and bansari (flutes) at a traditional restaurant
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Kathmandu, Sights, Activities, Courses, Fes-tivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Kath-mandu.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.