Nepal - Biking, Rafting & Kayaking (PDF Chapter)
This is the Biking, Rafting & Kayaking chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
Nepal’s world-class rapids and exhilarating mountain descents are made for white-water raft-ing and mountain biking. It boasts rafting and kayaking routes suitable for beginners and pros alike, and your choice is dependent on how much of a buzz you can handle.
- savour dawn views over the Himalaya during a two-day cycle
- explore historic Newari towns off the beaten track
- get the adrenaline pumping while navigating rapids on a raft
- learn to kayak surrounded by jungle scenery
Coverage includes: Mountain-Bike Routes, The Scar Road from Kath-mandu, Kathmandu to Pokhara, Upper Mustang: Jomsom to Lo Manthang, Muktinath to Pokhara, Kathmandu Valley Loop via Nagarkot & Namobuddha, The Rajpath from Kathmandu, Pokhara to Sarangkot & Naudanda, Rafting & Kayaking Routes, Trisuli, Bhote Kosi, Upper Sun Kosi, Seti Khola, Upper Kali Gandaki, Marsyangdi, Karnali, Sun Kosi, Tamur, Other Rivers.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation