No code necessary. See terms.
Nepal - Around the Kathmandu Valley (PDF Chapter)
This product is currently unavailable for purchase.
This is the Around the Kathmandu Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
Created from the bed of a sacred lake by the deity Manjushri, according to Buddhist legend, the Kathmandu Valley is a patchwork of terraced fields and sacred temple towns that showcase the glory of the architects and artisans of Nepal.
- wander Patan’s courtyards on a walking tour, soaking in the glorious Newari architecture of Durbar Sq and visiting Patan Museum, the best in the country
- explore the fascinating backstreets of Bhaktapur, Nepal’s best preserved medieval city
- have a medieval mini-adventure in the historic city of Panauti, which escaped the earth-quake’s destruction
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Around the Ring Road, Pashupatinath, Chabahil, Bodhnath (Boudha), Kopan, The Northern & Western Valley, Budhanilkantha, Shivapuri Nagar-jun National Park, Patan, Bhaktapur & Around, Suriya Binayak Temple, Thimi, Changu Narayan Temple, The Northeastern Valley, Gokarna Mahadev, Gokarna Forest, Sankhu, The Southern Valley, Kirtipur, Pharping & Around, Bungamati, Khokana, Chapagaon, Godavari, The Valley Fringe, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Panauti, Namobuddha, Balthali, Beyond the Valley, Arniko Highway to Tibet, The Road to Langtang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.