Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - Understand Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast Today, History, the Arts, the Neapolitan Way of Life, Saints & Superstitions, the Campanian Table, Architecture, the Subterranean City, the Camorra, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food and enjoying the area’s natural wonders to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for LGBT+ travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the Neapolitan way of life
- info on Italy’s public holidays
- advice on the best options for travelling around the area
- details on discount cards for free access to galleries and cultural sites
Coverage includes: Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast Today, History, the Arts, the Neapolitan Way of Life, Saints & Superstitions, The Campanian Table, the Subterranean City, The Camorra, Directory A–Z, Transport, Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation