Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - The Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast guidebook.
Tossed like colourful dice into the beautiful blue Bay of Naples, the islands of the Amalfi Coast are justifiably famous. Procida, Ischia and Capri vary not just in ambience and landscape but also in their sights, activities and size.
- enjoy a lazy lunch at Marina Corricella, a seafood restaurant in Procida’s fishing port
- cruise the turquoise waters around Capri
- take the chairlift to the summit of Monte Solaro, Capri’s highest mountain
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Capri, Ischia, Procida.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation