Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - The Amalfi Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amalfi Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast guidebook.
An outstanding example of a Mediterranean landscape, the Amalfi Coast is one of Italy’s most picturesque and memorable destinations. Its towns cling to mountains that plunge into the sea. The area is well-known both for its fine restaurants and hiking trails.
- enjoy a sheltered dip in the Fiordo di Furore
- eat spaghetti alla Nerano in the tranquil beauty of Marina del Cantone
- hike the Sentiero degli Dei (Path of the Gods) to the pastel-coloured glory of Positano
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sorrento, Sorrento Peninsula, Massa Lubrense, Sant’Agata sui due Golfi, Marina del Cantone, Amalfi Coast Towns, Positano, Praiano, Furore, Amalfi, Ravello, Minori, Cetara, Vietri sul Mare.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation