Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - Naples, Pompeii & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Naples, Pompeii & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast guidebook.
Naples is quickly evolving into one of Italy’s tourist hotspots, while archaeological sites scattered between Naples and Castellammare to the south, including Pompeii, are among the most spectacular Roman relics in existence.
- marvel at the Cristo velato (Veiled Christ) in Naples’ Capella Sansevero
- learn about life in Pompeii before disaster struck
- peer into the ashen mouth of slumbering volcano Mt Vesuvius
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Naples, Camp Flegrei, Pozzuoli & Around, Lucrino, Baia & Bacoli, Bay of Naples, Herculaneum (Ercolano), Mt Vesuvius, Pompeii.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - Understand Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)