*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - Salerno & the Cilento (PDF Chapter)
Salerno may not have the Amalfi coast’s glamour, but its labyrinth of earthy streets offers a refreshing change from the more touristy towns nearby. The Cilento region features a natural coastal strip, a beautiful national park and evocative sights.
- roam the ruins of the Hellenistic town of Velia.
- wonder at the extraordinary Certosa di San Lorenzo in Padula
- take a trip to the ancient Greek world at Paestum, one of Europe’s most majestic archaeological sites
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salerno, Paestum, Parco Nazionale del Cilento e Vallo di Diano, Agropoli, Cilento Coast, Palinuro, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.