Myanmar - Western Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Myanmar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
Most travellers here confine themselves to the pristine sand and turquoise waters of Ngapali Beach on the Bay of Bengal. But to really get off the grid, head to Chin State, where breathtaking mountains, forests and traditional villages await.
- drift around the hundreds of ruined temples and fortifications in Mrauk U, the former grand capital of Rakhine State
- savour the seafood, sand and sunsets at Ngapali Beach, Myanmar’s most sophisticated beach destination
- climb Mt Victoria, Myanmar’s third-highest mountain, in southern Chin State
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rakhine State, Ngapali Beach, Kan Thar Ya Beach, Sittwe (Aykab), Mrauk U & Around, Chin State, Mt Victoria (Nat Ma Taung), Mindat, Kalaymyo (Kalay), Tiddim, Rihkhawdar, Falam, Hakha.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.