*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Myanmar - Temples of Bagan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Temples of Bagan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
Marco Polo described Bagan as ‘one of the finest sights in the world’. Despite centuries of neglect, looting, erosion and regular earthquakes, not to mention questionable restoration, this temple-studded plain remains a remarkably impressive and unforgettable vision.
- marvel at the perfectly proportioned Ananda Pahto, which houses four giant buddhas carved from teak
- speculate on what lies inside the bricked-up inner sanctum of mysterious Dhammayangyi Pahto
- watch a dramatic sunrise over the surrounding expanse of ancient temples of Shwesandaw Paya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Temple Murals, Best Sunset Spots, The Temples, Old Bagan, North Plain, Central Plain, Myinkaba Area, New Bagan Area, South Plain, Nyaung U Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.