Myanmar - Temples of Bagan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Temples of Bagan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
Marco Polo described Bagan as ‘one of the finest sights in the world’. Despite centuries of neglect, looting, erosion and regular earthquakes, not to mention questionable restoration, this temple-studded plain remains a remarkably impressive and unforgettable vision.
- marvel at the perfectly proportioned Ananda Pahto, which houses four giant buddhas carved from teak
- speculate on what lies inside the bricked-up inner sanctum of mysterious Dhammayangyi Pahto
- watch a dramatic sunrise over the surrounding expanse of ancient temples of Shwesandaw Paya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Temple Murals, Best Sunset Spots, The Temples, Old Bagan, North Plain, Central Plain, Myinkaba Area, New Bagan Area, South Plain, Nyaung U Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.