*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Myanmar - Southwestern Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwestern Myanmar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
South and west of Yangon is the Ayeyarwady Delta, a stunning patchwork of greenery float-ing on rivers, tributaries and lakes that stretches to the Bay of Bengal. The delta is also home to historic towns such as Pathein and Thanlyin.
- cycle around the ancient temples, palaces, monasteries and giant Buddhas that dominate the historic former capital of Bago
- base yourself in the bustling delta city of Pathein, where you can admire the artistry and skill needed to make its famed silk and cotton parasols
- ride a motorbike taxi along deserted beaches and jungle tracks between the resorts of Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Saung Beach, or just laze in the sand and surf
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Thanlyin & Kyauktan, Bago, Pathein, Chaung Tha Beach, Ngwe Saung Beach.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.