*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Myanmar - Southwestern Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwestern Myanmar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
South and west of Yangon is the Ayeyarwady Delta, a stunning patchwork of greenery float-ing on rivers, tributaries and lakes that stretches to the Bay of Bengal. The delta is also home to historic towns such as Pathein and Thanlyin.
- cycle around the ancient temples, palaces, monasteries and giant Buddhas that dominate the historic former capital of Bago
- base yourself in the bustling delta city of Pathein, where you can admire the artistry and skill needed to make its famed silk and cotton parasols
- ride a motorbike taxi along deserted beaches and jungle tracks between the resorts of Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Saung Beach, or just laze in the sand and surf
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Thanlyin & Kyauktan, Bago, Pathein, Chaung Tha Beach, Ngwe Saung Beach.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.