*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Myanmar - Southeastern Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeastern Myanmar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
Descend into the Buddha-packed caves around sleepy Hpa-an, ascend the winding road to the sacred golden boulder perched on Mt Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), and visit the little-known Myeik Archipelago, perhaps Myanmar’s most dramatic intersection of water, land and sky.
- sail, cruise, snorkel and dive among the 800-odd islands of the Myeik Archipelago
- discover seemingly hidden lakes, hanging Buddhist art and a sparkling spring in the many caves around Hpa-an
- hope for the inspiration that fired Kipling to compose his most famous opening line in his poem 'Mandalay', at Mawlamyine
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mon State, Mt Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), Mawlamyine & Around, Ye, Kayin State, Hpa-an & Around, Myawaddy, Tanintharyi Region, Dawei, Myeik, Myeik (Mergui) Archipelago, Kawthoung.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.