Myanmar - Mandalay & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mandalay & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
The Mandalay region is the major population centre of Upper Burma, itself the cradle of Bur-mese arts, culture and civilisation. Where Yangon is a diverse microcosm of the nation, Mandalay remains an urban expression of Burmese ethnic identity.
- watch sunrise or sunset from the world’s longest teak bridge, U-Bein Bridge, in Amarapu-ra
- survey Sagaing’s monastery-dappled green hills and the endless gilded pagodas of Shin Pin Nan Kain
- ponder the king-sized unfinished stupa of Mingun Paya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mandalay & Around, Amarapura, Inwa (Ava), Sagaing, Mingun, Paleik.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.