*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Myanmar - Mandalay & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mandalay & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
The Mandalay region is the major population centre of Upper Burma, itself the cradle of Bur-mese arts, culture and civilisation. Where Yangon is a diverse microcosm of the nation, Mandalay remains an urban expression of Burmese ethnic identity.
- watch sunrise or sunset from the world’s longest teak bridge, U-Bein Bridge, in Amarapu-ra
- survey Sagaing’s monastery-dappled green hills and the endless gilded pagodas of Shin Pin Nan Kain
- ponder the king-sized unfinished stupa of Mingun Paya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mandalay & Around, Amarapura, Inwa (Ava), Sagaing, Mingun, Paleik.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.