Myanmar - Eastern Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Myanmar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Myanmar guide-book.
Travellers to eastern Myanmar get the chance to experience both beautiful Inle Lake and some of the finest trekking in the country. There’s the intriguing opportunity of getting right off the tourist trail in areas that see very few foreigners.
- drift around the backwaters, markets, ruined stupas and monasteries of Inle Lake
- base yourself in the temperate former hill station of Kalaw and trek to surrounding villages, or all the way to Inle Lake or Pindaya
- come face-to-face with Tai and traditional hill-peoples cultures in Kyaingtong, an attractive and little-seen city in eastern Shan State
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Inle Lake & Around, Nyaungshwe, Taunggyi, Pindaya, Kalaw, Thazi, Border Areas, Kyaingtong (Kengtung), Mong La, Tachileik, Kayah State, Loikaw.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.