Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Understand Munich & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest Today, History, People & Culture, Food & Drink, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food and drink, people and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the natural landscape
- info on the local regional identity
- full coverage of eating and drinking in Munich, Bavaria and the Black Forest
- details on southern Germany as it is today
Coverage includes: Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest Today, History – from a tribal melting pot to a separate state, People & Culture: Regional Identity, Lifestyle, Religion, Conventions, Sport, Arts and Theatre, Food & Drink: Regional & Seasonal, Cookery Schools, Grape & Grain, Festive Food, Where to Eat and Drink, When to Eat and Dining Etiquette, Landscapes & Wildlife: the Land, Wildlife, Plants and National & Nature Parks, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.