*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Stuttgart & the Black Forest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stuttgart & the Black Forest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Beyond the high-tech, urbanite pleasures of 21st-century Stuttgart lies a region still ripe for discovery. On the city fringes, country lanes roll into vineyards and lordly baroque palaces, spa towns and castles steeped in medieval myth.
- tune into modern-day Stuttgart
- wallow in thermal waters and art nouveau grandeur in Baden-Baden, belle of the Black Forest
- hop between borders on Lake Constance, straddling Switzerland, Germany and Austria
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stuttgart & Around, Max-Eyth-See, Grabkapelle Württemberg, Ludwigsburg, Maulbronn, Swabian Alps & Around, Tübingen, Burg Hohenzollern, Schwäbisch Hall, Ulm, The Black Forest, Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe, Freudenstadt, Kinzig Valley, Alpirsbach, Schiltach, Gutach, Haslach, Gengenbach, Freiburg, Schauinsland, Steinwasen Park, Todtnauer Wasserfall, St Peter, Breisach, Feldberg, Titisee-Neustadt, Schluchsee, Triberg, Stöcklewaldturm, Martinskapelle, Villingen-Schwenningen, Rottweil, Unterkirnach, Lake Constance, Konstanz, Mainau Island, Reichenau Island, Meersburg, Pfahlbauten, Birnau, Affenberg Salem, Schloss Salem, Friedrichshafen, Ravensburg and Lindau.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.