*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Stuttgart & the Black Forest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stuttgart & the Black Forest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Beyond the high-tech, urbanite pleasures of 21st-century Stuttgart lies a region still ripe for discovery. On the city fringes, country lanes roll into vineyards and lordly baroque palaces, spa towns and castles steeped in medieval myth.
- tune into modern-day Stuttgart
- wallow in thermal waters and art nouveau grandeur in Baden-Baden, belle of the Black Forest
- hop between borders on Lake Constance, straddling Switzerland, Germany and Austria
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stuttgart & Around, Max-Eyth-See, Grabkapelle Württemberg, Ludwigsburg, Maulbronn, Swabian Alps & Around, Tübingen, Burg Hohenzollern, Schwäbisch Hall, Ulm, The Black Forest, Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe, Freudenstadt, Kinzig Valley, Alpirsbach, Schiltach, Gutach, Haslach, Gengenbach, Freiburg, Schauinsland, Steinwasen Park, Todtnauer Wasserfall, St Peter, Breisach, Feldberg, Titisee-Neustadt, Schluchsee, Triberg, Stöcklewaldturm, Martinskapelle, Villingen-Schwenningen, Rottweil, Unterkirnach, Lake Constance, Konstanz, Mainau Island, Reichenau Island, Meersburg, Pfahlbauten, Birnau, Affenberg Salem, Schloss Salem, Friedrichshafen, Ravensburg and Lindau.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.