Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Salzburg & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salzburg & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
The joke ‘If it’s baroque, don’t fix it’ is a perfect maxim for Salzburg: the story-book Altstadt (old town) burrowed below steep hills looks much as it did when Mozart lived here, 250 years ago.
- get an eyeful of Salzburg from the city’s whopping 900-year-old fortress, Festung Hohen-salzburg
- follow in the footsteps of Mozart, Salzburg’s musical wunderkind
- waltz among the locations from the Sound of Music, while yodelling Maria-style at the top of your voice
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Salzburg, Schloss Hellbrunn, Un-tersberg, Hallein & Bad Dürrnberg, Werfen.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.