*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Salzburg & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salzburg & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Salzburg is the land of apple strudel, dancing marionettes, high-on-a-hilltop castles and is every bit as grand as you imagine it. Just outside of the city, the landscape is etched with deep ravines, glinting ice caves, karst plateaux and mountains of myth.
- survey Salzburg’s baroque cityscape from 900-year-old Festung Hohensalzburg
- go subzero in the frozen depths of Eisriesenwelt in Werfen
- tune into the life of a classical genius at Salzburg’s Mozart-Wohnhaus
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salzburg & Around, Schloss Hellbrunn, Untersberg, Gaisberg, Hallein, Bad Dürrnberg and Werfen.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.