*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Munich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Munich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Munich’s centre retains a small-town air but holds some world-class sights, especially art galleries and museums. Add royal Bavarian heritage, an entire suburb of Olympic legacy and a kitbag of dark tourism and it’s clear why Munich is such a favourite.
- raise a 1L stein of Bier at an authentic beer hall, such as the Augustiner Bräustuben
- feel your brow growing higher among the world-class art collections at the Alte Pinakothek
- revel in the blingfest that is the Schatzkammer der Residenz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Munich & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.