Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Munich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Munich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Munich’s centre retains a small-town air but holds some world-class sights, especially art galleries and museums. Add royal Bavarian heritage, an entire suburb of Olympic legacy and a kitbag of dark tourism and it’s clear why Munich is such a favourite.
- raise a 1L stein of Bier at an authentic beer hall, such as the Augustiner Bräustuben
- feel your brow growing higher among the world-class art collections at the Alte Pinakothek
- revel in the blingfest that is the Schatzkammer der Residenz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Munich & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.