Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest - Bavaria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bavaria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guidebook.
Bavaria keeps its clichéd promises: story-book castles poke through dark forest, cowbells tinkle in flower-filled meadows, the thwack of palm on Lederhosen accompanies the clump of frothy stein on timber bench, and medieval walled towns go about their time-warped business.
- indulge your romantic fantasies at fairy-tale Schloss Neuschwanstein
- rack-and-pinion your way to the top of Germany’s highest peak, Zugspitze
- perch at the Eagle’s Nest to enjoy show-stopping Alpine vistas near Berchtesgaden
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bavarian Alps, Füssen, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Oberstdorf, Bad Tölz, Chiemsee, Berchtesgaden, The Ro-mantic Road, Würzburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen, Donauwörth, Augs-burg, Landsberg am Lech, Nuremberg & Franconia, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Coburg, Alt-mühltal Nature Park, Eichstätt, Regensburg & the Danube, Regensburg, Ingolstadt, Freising, Landshut, Passau, Bavarian Forest, Straubing.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation