*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Moscow - Tverskoy & Novoslobodsky (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tverskoy & Novoslobodsky chapter from Lonely Planet's Moscow guidebook.
The streets around Tverskaya ul comprise the vibrant Tverskoy district, characterised by old architecture and new commerce. Aside from being a cultural centre (home to 20-plus theatres and concert halls, including the world-famous Bolshoi Theatre), Tverskoy is also the city’s liveliest commercial district.
- spending an evening at the Bolshoi Theatre, where worldfamous opera and ballet companies perform Russian classics.
- eating, drinking, dancing and otherwise frolicking at Hermitage Gardens, one of the liveliest places in Moscow, where art, food or musical festivals take place almost weekly.
- admiring the fantastical paintings of Viktor Vasnetsov in the studio where he painted them.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities and Shopping
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.