Moscow - Tverskoy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tverskoy chapter from Lonely Planet’s Moscow guidebook.
Start your exploration at the majestic Teatralnaya pl, home to the world-famous Bolshoi Thea-tre. This glittering jewel of a theatre is a sight to behold. Tverskaya ul, Moscow’s main thorough-fare, is ideal for people-watching from sidewalk cafes.
- spend an evening at one of the world’s grandest opera and ballet venues, the Bolshoi Theatre
- eat, drink, dance and otherwise frolick at Hermitage Gardens, one of the liveliest places in Moscow, where art, food or musical festivals take place almost weekly
- learn about daily life for Jews in Russia from the partition of Poland to the late USSR times at the ultramodern Jewish Museum & Centre of Tolerance
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.