*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Moscow - Meshchansky & Basmanny (PDF Chapter)
This is the Meshchansky & Basmanny chapter from Lonely Planet's Moscow guidebook.
The Meshchansky and Basmanny districts flank the little Yauza River in the eastern part of the city. The former is a bustling neighbourhood that retains its quaint 19th-century outlook. The latter is largely comprised of old factories, housing innovative postmodern galleries and clubs.
- contemplating Moscow’s hot contemporary art scene at any one of the city’s post-industrial art complexes, such as Winzavod Center for Contemporary Art, ArtPlay and Proekt_Fabrika
- descending 60m underground to explore the Cold War communications centre at Bunker-42
- putting on a Soviet child’s hat at the Soviet Arcade Games Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.