*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Moscow - Arbat & Khamovniki (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arbat & Khamovniki chapter from Lonely Planet's Moscow guidebook.
These two side-by-side districts are rich with culture. Moscow’s most famous street, ul Arbat, is something of an art market, complete with portrait painters, soapbox poets and buskers of all sorts. Nearby, the Khamovniki district positively sparkles, with the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and Novodevichy Convent at either end.
- perusing the collections at the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, especially the incredible array of Impressionist and post-Impressionist art in the Gallery of European & American Art of the 19th & 20th Centuries
- wandering around Novodevichy Convent & Cemetery, soaking up five centuries of artistry and history
- recalling Russia’s greatest tragedy and triumph of the 20th century at the Museum of the Great Patriotic War and the monuments at Park Pobedy
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.