Morocco - Mediterranean Coast & the Rif (PDF Chapter)
Northern Morocco is one of the most charming parts of the country. Tangier has shed its shady past to enjoy a rebirth as fashionable Moroccan riviera. To the east, the coast is dotted with high cliffs and sandy coves; the area booms as a Moroccan holiday destination.
- get happily lost in the blue-washed lanes and alleys of Chefchaouen, one of Morocco’s most enchanting medinas
- look beyond Tangier’s gleaming modern face to find traces of the artists, from Matisse to the Beat poets, who made it home
- wander around the modernist buildings and imposing medieval fortress in Melilla, then indulge in tapas for lunch or dinner
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tangier, Cap Spartel, Ceuta (Sebta), The Rif Mountains, Tetouan & Around, Chefchaouen, Talassemtane National Park, Bab Taza, Oued Laou, Targa, El-Jebha, Al-Hoceima, Al-Hoceima National Park, Cala Iris & Torres de Alcala, Melilla, Nador & Around, Saïdia, Berkane and Oujda.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation