Morocco - Fez, Meknes and the Middle Atlas (PDF Chapter)
Humble villages and mountain trails offer a charming counterpoint to imperial cities and ancient ruins in this area of Morocco. The narrow streets of the Fez medina are this region’s major drawcard. Meknès offers a more pocket-sized experience, with some epic relics from Moulay Ismail’s reign.
- dive into the warren of Fez’s medina looking for souqs and souvenirs, and enjoy the sound of the sublime at the Festival of World Sacred Music
- time travel through Volubilis, Morocco’s finest Roman ruins, strewn with spectacular floor mosaics
- explore Meknès’ outsized imperial architecture that characterised mighty Moulay Ismail’s reign
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fez, Sefrou, Bhalil, Meknès, Volubilis (Oualili), Moulay Idriss, Middle Atlas, Ifrane, Azrou, Midelt & Around and Taza.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation