Montreal & Quebec City - Plateau Mont-Royal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Plateau Mont-Royal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montréal & Québec guidebook.
Here you’ll find a mix of hip cafes and nightspots, old-world delis, eclectic boutiques and rec-ord stores and old-slate Victorian mansions turned B&Bs. Next door, the ‘Mountain’ - Mont-Royal - is home to walking and biking trails, a pretty lake and great city view.
- chill out in summer and ice-skate in winter in the broad expanse of local favorite Parc La Fontaine
- join locals at the sun-drenched cafe Moineau Masqué, then wander the Plateau’s leafy backstreets
- explore the old-world groceries that rub shoulders with stylish drinking dens along Boulevard St-Laurent
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.