Montreal & Quebec City - Parc Jean-Drapeau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Parc Jean-Drapeau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montréal & Québec guidebook.
The leafy green space of Parc Jean-Drapeau spreads across two islands filled with recreational activities. In the park you’ll find a casino, museums, a Formula 1 racetrack, an old-fashioned amusement park, numerous outdoor sculptures and even festivals during summer.
- take a breather from the hustle of the city by soaking up some sunshine and fresh air on verdant Île Ste-Hélène
- ride the world’s tallest wooden roller coaster at La Ronde, or get eye-popping views of the city from the Ferris wheel
- grab a picnic and join music lovers on the grass during the laid-back summer fest of Piknic Électronik
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities, Île Ste-Hélène and Île Notre-Dame.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.