Montreal & Quebec City - Downtown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montréal & Québec guide-book.
Daytime Downtown Montréal brings sightseers wide boulevards, glass skyscrapers, shopping galleries, eye-catching heritage buildings and a popular hike up Parc du Mont-Royale, but the main draw is its cultural nightlife, such as live theater or hockey games with the locals.
- spend a few hours exploring a treasure trove of traditional and contemporary art at the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Montréal
- get your festival freak on with thousands of others when the jazz festival hits town at Place des Arts
- enjoy quiet time inside one of downtown’s beautiful historic churches, such as the Cathédrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.