Montreal & Quebec City - Understand Montréal & Québec City and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, People & Culture, Music & the Arts, Architecture, Québec City’s History & Culture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts, and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the history, people and culture of the region
- info on the music and arts of this creative-to-the-core city
- full coverage of Québec City’s history and culture, and the artists on the scene today
- details on Montréal’s architecture, from the 19th-century Basilique Notre-Dame to its color-ful Victorian mansions
Coverage includes: History, People & Culture, Music & the Arts, Archi-tecture, Québec City’s History & Culture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout