Montreal & Quebec City - Rue St-Denis & the Village (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rue St-Denis & the Village chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
Rue St-Denis in the Quartier Latin is a gateway to theaters, lively cafes and low-key bars packed with students from the Frenchspeaking Université du Québec à Montréal. Continue west to reach the Village, a major icon for gay travelers.
- sip un café, beer or whiskey and soak up the ever-changing atmosphere on colorful Rue St-Denis
- admire the neo-Gothic interior of Église St-Pierre-Apôtre and its moving chapel dedicated to people who have died of AIDS
- step back in time to the 1920s for a glimpse of life in working-class Montréal at the Écomusée du Fier Monde
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.