Montreal & Quebec City - Quebec City (PDF Chapter)
This is the Québec City chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
The crown jewel of French Canada, Québec City is one of North America’s oldest and most magnificent settlements. Its picturesque Old Town is a Unesco World Heritage site, a living mu-seum of narrow cobblestone streets and soaring church spires.
- stroll, shop and admire the murals, museums and historic buildings in the 17th-century Quartier Petit-Champlain
- soak up spectacular views of Le Château Frontenac from the panoramic riverside board-walk in summer or the hair-raising toboggan run in winter
- visualize the legendary rivalry between French and English on a tour of La Citadelle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, Sleeping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.