Montreal & Quebec City - Parc Jean-Drapeau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Parc Jean-Drapeau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
This alluring green space spreads across Île Ste-Hélène and Île Notre-Dame, fringed by the waters of the St Lawrence River. Together, the two islands offer a fine choice of recreational ac-tivities, along with some worthwhile museums.
- take a long breather from the hustle of the city by soaking up some sunshine and fresh air while lounging at the beach on the Île Ste-Hélène
- ride the world’s tallest wooden roller coaster or get eye-popping views of the firework-lit city from the Ferris wheel at La Ronde
- grab a picnic and join music lovers on the grass, during Piknic Électronik, a laid-back summer fest of electronic rhythms by local DJs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Entertainment, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.