Montreal & Quebec City - Old Montreal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Old Montréal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
On the edge of the St Lawrence River, Old Montréal is the city’s birthplace, composed of pic-turesque squares, grand old-world architecture, galleries, shops and eateries – and a dense concentration of camera-toting tourists.
- soak up the beautiful craftwork and soaring architecture of the city’s spiritual jewel, Basi-lique Notre-Dame
- take in a circus performance, river cruise, or waterfront stroll at the Vieux-Port de Montré-al
- get your bearings amid heritage architecture and a monument to Montréal’s founder in Place d’Armes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout