Montreal & Quebec City - Little Italy, Mile End & Outremont (PDF Chapter)
This is the Little Italy, Mile End & Outremont chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
These three neighborhoods are a foodie’s dreamland, distilled from a potent mish-mash of Italian, Portuguese, Jewish and Québécois roots. The good thing is there’s plenty of walking to be done to burn off those extra calories.
- explore the fresh produce, hawker stalls, and delightful seafood, sandwiches and desserts at Marché Jean-Talon, Montréal’s premiere market
- spoil yourself in Mile End with some of Montréal’s best dining options, such as Law-rence
- troll quirky neighborhood shops like Monastiraki for retro junk – or treasures, depending on your taste
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: wights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout