Montreal & Quebec City - Day Trips from Montreal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Montréal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montreal & Quebec City guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Montreal & Quebec City and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Trois-Rivières and The Laurentians.
- Midway between Montréal and Québec City, Trois-Rivières makes a pleasant stopover, with its attractive riverfront backed by a small cluster of museums and historic buildings
- Montréal’s backyard mountain playground, the Laurentians offer countless recreational opportunities, including hiking, downhill and cross-country skiing, and cycling on a 230km converted railway bed
- Québec meets New England in the pretty Eastern Townships, with a landscape of rolling hills, sparkling waterways and farms specializing in cider, wine, cheese and maple syr-up
Coverage includes: Trois-Rivières, The Laurentians, The Eastern Town-ships.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.