Montenegro - Central Montenegro (Chapter)
This is the Central Montenegro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Montenegro guide-book.
To truly get to know Montenegro, a visit to the country’s core is a must. Its beating heart is Mt Lovćen, a 1749m-high symbol of national identity and the very black mountain that gives Crna Gora its name.
- Marvel at the majesty of both the mountains and the monument of Njegoš Mausoleum
- delve into history, art and culture at the National Museum of Montenegro in the former royal capital Cetinje
- dive even deeper into the past on a tour of Lipa Cave, one of the country’s largest caves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Lovćen National Park, Cetinje, Lake Skadar National Park, Podgorica, Danilovgrad, Ostrog Monastery, Nikšić & around, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.