*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Mongolia - Western Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet's Mongolia guidebook.
Raw, rugged and remote, this off-the-beaten-track region has for centuries been isolated from the Mongol heartland. With its glacier-wrapped mountains, shimmering salt lakes and the hardy culture of nomads, falconry and cattle rustling, western Mongolia is, in many ways, a timeless slice of Central Asia.
- hike to the base camp of Khuiten Uul, Mongolia's highest mountain, for stunning views of Altai Tavan Bogd National Park
- walk around Khoton Nuur, a beautiful alpine lake dotted with Kazakh settlements around its shore
- horse trek or hike around the lakes and valleys beneath the sacred mountain of Otgon Tenger Uul
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bayan-Ölgii, Ölgii, Sagsai, Tsengel, Altai Tavan Bogd National Park, Tolbo Nuur, Tsambagarav Uul National Park, Khovd, Khovd City, Khar Us Nuur National Park, Chandmani, Tsenkheriin Agui, Mönkh Khairkhan National Park, Uvs, Ulaangom, Uvs Nuur, Üüreg Nuur, Kharkhiraa Uul & Türgen Uul, Khökh Nuur, Uvsiin Khar Us Nuur, Achit Nuur, Khyargas Nuur National Park, Zavkhan, Uliastai, Zagastain Davaa, Otgon Tenger Uul Strictly Protected Area and Tosontsengel.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.