No code necessary. See terms.
Mongolia - Western Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Western Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mongolia guide-book.
Raw, rugged and remote, this region has for centuries been isolated – both geographically and culturally – from the Mongolian heartland. With its glacier-wrapped mountains, shimmering salt lakes and hardy culture of nomads, falconry and horsemanship, western Mongolia is a time-less slice of Central Asia.
- climb Khuiten Uul 4050m to Malchin Peak for stunning views of Mongolia’s highest mountain
- pitch a tent beside beautiful Khoton Nuur, dotted with Kazakh settlements around its shore
- rub shoulders with Kazakh eagle hunters at Ölgii Eagle Festival; fast becoming western Mongolia’s biggest tourist drawcard
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bayan-Ölgii, Ölgii, Sagsai, Altai Tavan Bogd National Park, Tolbo, Tsambagarav Uul National Park, Khovd, Khovd City, Khar Us Nuur National Park, Chandmani, Uvs, Ulaangom, Üüreg Nuur, Kharkhiraa Uul & Türgen Uul, Achit Nuur, Khyargas Nuur National Park, Zavkhan, Uliastai, Otgon Tenger Uul Strictly Protected Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.