*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Mongolia - Ulaanbaatar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ulaanbaatar chapter from Lonely Planet's Mongolia guidebook.
If Mongolia's yin is its pristine countryside, then Ulaanbaatar conforms nicely to its yang. An enormous city of pulsating commerce, wild traffic, sinful nightlife and bohemian counter-culture, the Mongolian capital elicits as much shock as it does excitement.
- walk the prayer circuit around Gandan Khiid, the country's largest monastery
- wonder at the eccentric collection of curios and artefacts at the Winter Palace of the Bogd Khan
- take in a performance of traditional dance and music at the National Academic Drama Theatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.