Mongolia - Ulaanbaatar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ulaanbaatar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mongolia guidebook.
If Mongolia’s yin is its pristine countryside, then Ulaanbaatar harmonises as its vibrant yang. It’s a sprawling, industrialised city of pulsating commerce, wild traffic, sinful nightlife and bohe-mian counterculture. This ever-changing city may be the biggest surprise of your Mongolian ad-venture.
- weave through Mongolia’s ancient past at the impressive National Museum of Mongo-lia
- walk the prayer circuit around Gandan Khiid, the country’s largest monastery
- ponder the eccentric collection of curios and artefacts at the 19th-century Winter Palace of the Bogd Khan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleep-ing, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.