*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Mongolia - Northern Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet's Mongolia guidebook.
Log cabins? Pine forests? Mountains? Whatever happened to the steppes and the herds of camels? If it weren't for the gers (traditional yurts) and motorbike riders in traditional Mongolian dress, you could confuse this lush and rugged land with Switzerland.
- drop a fishing line into Khövsgöl Nuur, and while away an afternoon by Mongolia's loveliest alpine lake
- visit Tsaatan reindeer herders from the remote Darkhad Depression
- wander the grounds of Amarbayasgalant Khiid, the architectural highlight of the country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Selenge, Sükhbaatar, Altanbulag, Dulaankhaan, Darkhan, Amarbayasgalant Khiid, Bulgan, Erdenet, Bulgan City, Khövsgöl, Mörön & around, Khövsgöl Nuur National Park, Chandman-Öndör & around, Darkhad Depression and Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.