Mongolia - Eastern Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet's Mongolia guidebook.
In eastern Mongolia you'll encounter a boundless blue sky colliding with an equally limitless sea of green. The occasional shack or ger (traditional yurt) reminds you that humans do inhabit this landscape, but for the most part it's an unspoilt amphitheatre of bounding gazelle, scurrying marmots and jeep tracks that squiggle endlessly into the distance.
- spend a few days around Dadal, a pretty village of log cabins and Chinggis Khaan legends
- pay your respects to the local deities with an ascent of sacred Shiliin Bogd Uul
- tour the area around Dariganga, rich in cultural relics and eerie volcanic landscapes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Khentii, Chinggis Khot (Öndörkhaan), Khökh Nuur, Baldan Baraivun Khiid, Öglögchiin Kherem, Binder, Dadal, Dornod, Choibalsan, Kherlen Bar Khot, Buir Nuur, Khalkhiin Gol, Sükhbaatar, Baruun-Urt, Dariganga and Shiliin Bogd Uul & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.