Mongolia - Eastern Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mongolia guide-book.
This is where you’ll find the steppe that was the ecological backbone of the great horse no-madic empires of history. Everywhere is grass, grass, grass and herders who have carved a life out of the marriage of livestock and prairie.
- spend a few days around log cabins and Chinggis Khaan legends in Dadal
- pay your respects to the local deities with an ascent of the sacred peak of Shiliin Bogd Uul
- tour Dariganga’s cultural relics and eerie volcanic landscapes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Khentii, Chinggis, Binder, Dadal, Dornod, Khökh Nuur, Choibalsan, Buir Nuur, Sükhbaatar, Baruun-Urt, Dariganga, Shiliin Bogd Uul.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation