Mongolia - Central Mongolia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Mongolia chapter from Lonely Planet's Mongolia guidebook.
Verdant swaths of empty landscapes are sprinkled with tiny gers (traditional yurts), while magical light plays across the valleys. This is the Mongolian heartland, loaded with both historical sites and natural beauty.
- saddle up for a horse trek to the beautiful, remote Khuisiin Naiman Nuur Nature Reserve
- camp, hike and swim your way around Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur, the volcanic lake by the village of Tariat
- stay with herdsmen in the meadows surrounding Orkhon Khürkhree, Mongolia's tallest waterfall
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Töv, Zuunmod, Bogdkhan Uul Strictly Protected Area, Nalaikh & around, Terelj Area, Gachuurt, Khustain National Park, Övörkhangai, Arvaikheer, Kharkhorin (Karakorum), West of Kharkhorin, East of Kharkhorin, Arkhangai, Tsetserleg, Tsenkher Hot Springs and Tariat.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.