*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Middle East - Understand Middle East & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, mezze, poetry and marine life to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, information for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the region’s religions and the sites they revere
- info on the Middle East’s cinema, literature and music scenes
- full coverage of Middle Eastern cuisine
- details on general, religious and eating etiquette
Coverage includes: Middle East Today, History - from the Cradle of Civilisation to Seeds of Change, Religion: Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Architecture: Ancient World, Places of Worship, Secular Architecture, Middle Eastern Cuisine: Staples & Specialties, Drinks, Celebrations, The Arts: Cinema, Literature, Music, Landscape & Environment: Land, Wildlife, National Parks & Wildlife Reserves, Environmental Issues, Traveller Etiquette: Eating Etiquette, Religion, General Etiquette, Safe Travel, Women Travellers, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Languages.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.