Middle East - Turkey (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turkey chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
Turkey is where Asia and Europe meet and meld together. The ‘bridge between continents’ tag may be a cliché, but this nation’s juxtaposition of modern sophistication and ancient tradition is a surprising and heady brew that turns many travellers’ first perceptions on their head.
- crane your neck to gaze at Byzantine frescoes and Ottoman artistry in ?stanbul
- channel your inner Roman amid the ruins of Ephesus
- hike amid Cappadocia’s geological wonderland of ‘fairy chimney’ rock crags
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: ?stanbul, Aegean Coast, Çanakkale, Troy, Eceabat, Gallipoli Peninsula, Bursa, Bergama (Pergamum), ?zmir, Selçuk, Ephesus, Ku?adas?, Pamukkale, Bodrum Town, Marmaris, Mediterranean Coast, Fethiye, Patara, Kalkan, Ka?, Olympos & Ç?ral?, Antalya, Side, Alanya, Central Anatolia, Ankara, Safranbolu, Konya, Cappadocia, Göreme & Around, Avanos, Ürgüp, Kayseri, Black Sea Coast & Northeastern Anatolia, Trabzon, Erzurum, Kars, Do?ubayaz?t, Understand Turkey, Turkey Today, History, People, Religion, Food, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.