Middle East - Lebanon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lebanon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
Damaged by decades of civil war, Lebanon is nonetheless blessed with magnificent moun-tain vistas, majestic ancient ruins and an indomitable, hospitable people. Lebanon rewards the traveller with food for thought and a feast for the senses and the stomach.
- party at beach lounges and rooftop nightclubs in Beirut
- gaze at one of the best-preserved of all Roman temples, Baalbek
- soak up the atmosphere of the traditional souq area in Tripoli
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beirut, Central Lebanon, Jeita Grotto, Byblos (Jbail), North Lebanon, Batroun, Tripoli (Trablous), The Qadisha Valley, South Lebanon, Sidon (Saida), Tyre (Sour), Chouf Mountains, Deir Al Qamar, Bekaa Valley, Baalbek, Understand Lebanon, Lebanon Today, Food & Drink, Religion, Environment, Literature, Music, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.