Middle East - Jordan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jordan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
With heavyweight neighbours pulling big historical punches, Jordan easily holds its own. But Jordan is not just about antiquities - it also offers the great outdoors. Whether diving in Aqaba, trekking in the camel-prints of Lawrence of Arabia or hiking through stunning canyons, Jordan’s eco-savvy nature reserves offer the best of adventures in the Middle East.
- admire the engineering precision of the Roman Theatre in Amman
- tread the path of history through Petra’s Siq, a chasm leading to an ancient world
- hike the trails of Mujib or Dana Biosphere Reserves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amman, The North, Jerash, Ajloun, Ajloun Forest Reserve, Irbid, Umm Qais (Gadara), The West, Bethany-Beyond-the-Jordan (Al-Maghtas), Dead Sea, Mujib Biosphere Reserve, The East, Hallabat, Azraq & around, The King’s Highway, Madaba, Mt Nebo, Machaerus (Mukawir), Wadi Mujib, Karak, Tafila, Dana Biosphere Reserve, Shobak, The South, Petra, Wadi Musa, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Understand Jordan, Jordan Today, History, People & Society, Arts & Crafts, Food & Drink, Environment, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.