Middle East - Jordan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jordan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
Ahlan wa sahlan! – ‘Welcome!’ From the Bedouin of Wadi Rum to the taxi drivers of Amman, you’ll be on the receiving end of this open-armed welcome every day. It’s this, and a sense of stability amid a problematic neighbourhood, that makes travel in Jordan such a delight.
- encounter modern Jordan in the cafes and malls of vibrant Amman
- wander among Jerash’s impressive Roman ruins, and enjoy community engagement in nearby Ajloun
- hike sections of the Jordan Trail in Mujib or Dana Biosphere Reserves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amman, The North, Jerash, Ajloun, Ajloun Forest Re-serve, Irbid, Umm Qais (Gadara), The West, Bethany-Beyond-the-Jordan (Al-Maghtas), Dead Sea, Mujib Biosphere Reserve, The East, Hallabat, Azraq & around, The King’s Highway, Madaba, Mt Nebo, Machaerus (Mukawir), Wadi Mujib, Karak, Tafila, Dana Biosphere Reserve, Shobak, The South, Petra, Wadi Musa, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Understand Jordan, Jordan Today, History, People & Society, Arts & Crafts, Food & Drink, Environment, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.